The Latest on Travel to Bhutan, Nepal & India
James & Nicola Irving, south Asia travel experts from Bhutan & Beyond, have recently returned from a brief SE Asia trip. James quotes “It was very interesting to be flying internationally again. Be prepared for less on board services but do pick your airline to avoid unnecessary stops in a COVID world’.
Bangkok, a major hub city for travel from Australia to Bhutan, Nepal and India, is looking surprisingly fresh after 2 years of COVID. Less traffic has really bought up the air quality. And its such a cost-effective stopover destination, well worthy of a few nights stay.
India & Nepal - What's Happening?
In addition to our current range of India private tours, Bhutan & Beyond are soon to launch a new combo tour featuring highlights of India, Nepal and Bhutan in one private tour. We’ll keep you posted.
Other new India product ventures,coming soon, will be:
- Walking & hiking modules in Sikkim, West Bengal and Kerala
- A Kerala private tour incl Cochin, Alleppey houseboats, hill station hikes & more.
- High-altitude trekking in Ladakh area of northern India.
- Luxury options incl celebrated Aman Resorts fabulous properties of Amanbagh, in the Rajasthan desert and Aman-i-Khas, a luxury glamping property at famous Ranthambore National Park for wildlife spotting incl Bengal tiger.
Meanwhile India is open for fully vaccinated (2 shots) tourist visitors and our current range Bhutan & Beyond private India tours are mainly specifically designed to keep you away from the larger cities in a COVID world.
Similarly, our soon to be released, ‘south Asia combo tour’ will feature highlights of Nepal in conjunction with India & Bhutan. Coming Soon.
We are working on new Nepal tours as follows:
- Ayurvedic wellness & yoga next to beautiful Begnas Lake.
- A luxury Nepal experience featuring Dwarika’s Resorts in Dhulikhel & Kathmandu; Barahi Lodge at Chitwan National Park (one of the best for wildlife) & Kavya Resort & Spa at Nargakot.
Nepal also remains open for double-vaxxed visitors and a visa is still able to be arranged on arrival. US$30 for 15 days stay. No quarantine!
HOT TIP for Nepal. If possible fly between major points like Kathmandu to Bharatpur (for Chitwan NP) or Kathmandu-Pokhara for trekking and Begnas Lake hiking & wellness. It’s so much safer than driving!
It's All Happening in Bhutan!!
Where do we start!!
- The Bhutanese Govt has abolished their all-inclusive tourism tariff structure which was started back in 1995.
- Additionally, the Bhutanese Govt has introduced an increased ‘Sustainability Development Fee (SDF)’ to all tourist visitors, as a measure of future-proofing Bhutan’s fragile ecology.
- This will increase the costs of both private and small group touring however, we love Bhutan so much we still encourage anybody with a love for travel to experience this most magical Kingdom.
- As a result Bhutan & Beyond will be gradually reducing the length of some of our tours to help with travellers budgets!
And Don’t Forget Luxury in Bhutan:
Come to think of it, Bhutan is blessed with such a great range of luxury lodge & resort opportunities. Especially for such a small country.
Check out our private luxury tours:
Bhutan & Beyond will be repricing all our luxury tours over the next month or so due to the recent change in Bhutan’s tariff & tourism SDF tax system.
In the meantime please do give us a call to arrange a quote.
Do contact us soon about a visit to this most dynamic area of Asia that will not leave you disappointed.
Article by James Irving – Bhutan, Nepal & India Travel Expert.
James has worked in the travel industry for over 40 years & has been involved in the leisure, corporate, group, sport, incentive & wholesale travel genres.
James loves rugby union, and keenly supports the Queensland Reds and the Australian Wallabies.