Planning your Bhutan Travel from Canada.
Preliminary Travel Tips to Bhutan.
Aussies & Canadians are Great Mates!
James & Nicola of Bhutan & Beyond are Aussies, and based in Australia. We’re experts in both Bhutan, and how to get there, and have been ably assisting ex-Canada travellers experience the very best Bhutan has to offer for many years.
Our Tour Options:
James & Nicola at Bhutan & Beyond will create the perfect bespoke Bhutan journey for you.
But How Do we get to Bhutan from Canada??
Now that’s easy!
- Drukair & Bhutan Airlines are the ONLY two airlines that service Paro, Bhutan! They are both reputable carriers.
- These two airlines offer services to Paro from hub cities Bangkok, Singapore, Delhi, Kathmandu, Kolkata, Dhaka & Bagdogra.
- Bhutan & Beyond MUST book these flights in/out of Paro in conjunction with your land tour arrangements.
- Once we confirm your Paro flights, & Bhutan land arrangements, you are now safe to book & purchase your ex-Canada air ticket locally in Canada.
- You will only need to arrange your ex-Canada ticket as far as the hub city where you will connect to your flight into Paro.
- Bhutan & Beyond will handle everything from that hub city point on for you.
- Once you arrive into your nearest hub city to Bhutan we will connect you to a Drukair or a Bhutan Airlines flight into Paro airport.
Your Fastest Route To Bhutan
Depending on where you live in Canada please follow this guide below for the fastest route to Bhutan.
From WESTERN Canada: B.C., Alberta, Yukon & NW Territories.
Easiest way is to fly to Bangkok via Hong Kong on Air Canada/Thai Airways. Alternatively fly to Singapore on Singapore Airlines; Korean Airlines via Seoul or a US carrier combination.
From Bangkok there are daily services into Paro, Bhutan. From Singapore there are usually 2-3 weekly services into Paro. Bangkok is closer to Bhutan & flying time is between 3 and 4.5 hours. From Singapore it is longer and can take up to 6+ hours each way.is viaa
From CENTRAL Canada: Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Nanavut.
You have the luxury of choice and can fly via Asia (see From Western Canada above) or via Europe/Middle East (see From Eastern Canada below). Both routes will be similar as far as flying time goes.
From EASTERN Canada: Ontario, Quebec, Newfoundland & Labrador, Nova Scotoa, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island.
Easiest way is to fly to Delhi (India) via Montreal on Air Canada. Alternatively via either UK or Europe (London or Munich best) flying British Airways, Lufthansa an/or Air India.
If preferring to enter via Kathmandu (Nepal) the easiest way is via Doha (Qatar) with Qatar Airways.
From both Delhi & Kathmandu there are daily services into Paro, Bhutan flying either Drukair or Bhutan Airlines.
Hot Tips for USA Travellers
You will usually need to overnight, on your outbound journey, in either Bangkok, Singapore, Delhi or Kathmandu. Flights to Paro often depart very early in the morning (between 0500 and 0830) and staying at a good close airport hotel is recommended. We can assist you with this booking.
VISAS & TRAVEL INSURANCE:
A visa to enter Bhutan will be pre-arranged for you by Bhutan & Beyond.
Additional visas may be required for any stopover you make en-route to Bhutan. Please check with us for advice. This will almost certainly apply to stops in India and Nepal.
It is mandatory for all travellers to Bhutan, including those from the USA, to hold a ‘comprehensive travel insurance policy’ or you WILL be denied an entry visa!
Comprehensive travel insurance includes cover for trip cancellation, baggage, travel delay, emergency evacuation & repatriation along with sickness, accident & personal liability. There should also be some cover against COVID-19 related incidents.
We recommend World Nomads travel insurance cover for our Canadian travellers, which you can purchase on-line in Canada direct. Click here for details.