Our Bhutan Partner: BTCL.
Since 2003 BTCL have been our contracted ground operator partners in Bhutan. Our relationship is very close and we are all like family together.
Thinley Dorji is the CEO of BTCL, and a nicer man you would never meet. The image above, taken some years ago now, features Thinley receiving our gift of a didgeridoo which prompted hysterics when we tried to demonstrate how it sounded.
BTCL 3* Hotels & New Campsite:
BTCL have undertaken to upgrade their 3* hotel facilities in major towns and valleys in western & central Bhutan during their border closure period. A big win for most travellers who utilise the standard 3 star hotels in the Kingdom.
Also, fabulous news, BTCL are well into construction of Bhutan’s first ever permanent tented campsite! This is located in the glorious & remote Phobjikha valley. A haven for hiking and a true delight to the senses. It will feature a traditional Bhutanese farm style reception/dining building with up to 10 accommodation tents with private bathroom facilities and underfloor heating. And its an ‘all year’ facility!!
Bhutan Covid News for AUG21
- Bhutan has now vaccinated 95% of eligible adults with their 2nd dose! A world-leading achievement.
- Bhutan sent neighbouring Nepal 230,000 Covid vaccine doses in the first week of August 2021.
- Bhutan will consider a gradual border re-opening, for selected tourist visitors in SEP/OCT 2021.
- James & Nicola of Bhutan & Beyond have just had their 2nd AstraZeneca vaccination. We’re ready to go – Are you?
Did You Know?
- The Institution of Civil Engineers in London has recently awarded Bhutan & India the Brunel Medal for their social & environmental achievements. This is for their joint Mangdechhu Hydroelectric Project which will reduce India’s greenhouse gas emissions by 2.4 million tonnes per annum!
- Bhutan, Panama & Suriname are the only 3 nations on earth which are ‘carbon-negative’!!
- Bhutan & Beyond will soon be providing our travellers with new apps to facilitate easy travel in a COVID world. Stand by for more.
You will be in safe hands with Bhutan & Beyond and our partners BTCL!
Article by James Irving – Bhutan Travel Expert
James has worked in the travel industry for over 40 years & has been involved in the leisure, corporate, group, sport, incentive & wholesale travel genres.
James loves rugby union, and keenly supports the Queensland Reds and the Australian Wallabies.