Trans Bhutan Trail - Officially Opening Soon
The Trans Bhutan Trail is the result of 4 years hard work to restore the original ancient walking/horse trail that linked the valleys of Bhutan.
This hiking & mountain biking trail could soon become one of the ‘great walks of the world’!
Prior to the 1960’s, when Bhutan’s first road was built, the Trans Bhutan Trail was the only way to traverse the Kingdom.
From mid 2022 it will become possible to hike some sections, or even all of the trail, to best fit in with your itinerary and duration in Bhutan.
Trans Bhutan Trail (TBT) Stats & Information
- The Trans Bhutan Trail is 403 kms long & takes approx 28 days to hike its entirety.
- Starting in Haa valley in western Bhutan, the TBT ends at Trashigang in far eastern Bhutan.
- Travellers can easily factor in half day, full day or multi-day hikes along parts of the TBT.
- Bhutan & Beyond have the knowledge, and expertise, to suggest which sections will be best for inclusion in itineraries.
- Some sections of the TBT can be hiked during the day & allowing you to stay in hotels, or even local home-stays, at night.
- Multiple sections of the TBT can be combined and often require overnighting at tented campsites. This is best for parties of 3 or more.
- Often there is no surcharge to your tour cost to include a half or full day hike along the TBT.
- The TBT can be hiked, or cycled, by individuals (with their guide) or groups. Small groups are always best in Bhutan.
Bhutan & Beyond will soon be offering our suggested range of Trans Bhutan Trail hiking options on this website page.
As at 14FEB22 we are still working on these hiking options.
Travellers Can add TBT Hikes to Any Bhutan Private Tour
Here is our range of personally recommended private tours. Bhutan & Beyond can add in a TBT hike or two on all of these tours if desirable.
Please contact us for a quote. Bhutan is expected to be open again for tourist travellers from July 2022 onwards.
Bhutan Travel Expert – James Irving.
James has worked in the travel industry for over 40 years & has been involved in the leisure, corporate, group, sport, incentive & wholesale travel genres.
James loves rugby union, and keenly supports the Queensland Reds and the Australian Wallabies.