Nepal on a budget 6 days /5 nights
Private Tour Introduction:
This short introductory tour can be taken any day of the year, subject to availability. The best months for these destinations are October to early June.
Tour Itinerary Overview
3 nts Kathmandu – sightseeing & exploring.
2 nts Pokhara – sightseeing & exploring.
PRICE FROM – US$594.00 pp twin/dbl share
Why Book With Bhutan & Beyond?
- 20 years experience, service & knowledge in the South Asia region.
- We personally visit these regions annually. (COVID-19 exempt)
- Competitive pricing and luxury hotel upgrade options.
- Exceptionally well constructed & flexible itineraries.
- Experts at combining India, Bhutan & Nepal.
- ATAS Accredited via our parent company MTA Travel.
- Access to our exclusive travel app COMPANION.
Your Nepal Land Tour Inclusions:
- 3 nts accom at Summerhill House, Kathmandu with attached bathroom (or similar).
- 2 nts accom at 3* Hotel Lake Palace, Pokhara with attached bathroom (or similar) .
- Breakfasts daily.
- Round trip airport transfers with English speaking representative.
- All touring as per itinerary in private vehicle with driver.
- Full day/part day tours of Kathmandu valley with local guide.
- Sarangkot sunrise excursion & half day tour of Pokhara with local guide.
- All tours & transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle.
Your Nepal Land Tour Excludes:
- Meals except for breakfasts.
- Entrance fees to sights and attractions.
- Personal items (drinks; medications; laundry; telephone etc).
- Travel insurance – this is essential for Nepal.
- Airfares to/from Nepal.
- Visa fees US$30.00 pp (valid 15 days).
Upgrade Your Hotels?
The hotels in this itinerary are modest 2-3* properties hand-picked for offering great value-for-money.
If you prefer to upgrade to 3+ to 4* hotels please enquire now.
Payment & Cancellation Conditions:
- 20% deposit payment due, on confirmation of your Nepal travel booking.
- Deposit date until 45 days prior arrival in Nepal – Land tour deposit is refundable less B&B service fees.
- 45 days prior to arrival in Nepal – your final payment is due & immediately becomes non-refundable.
Please note: – These conditions cover land travel arrangements only not airfares which are subject to their own cancellation conditions.
Nepal On A Budget Itinerary:
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
Arrival in Kathmandu.
Arrival at Kathmandu Airport for your meet & greet by Intertours Nepal staff with Tibetan Khada welcome.
Transfer to your hotel and the remainder of the day is at leisure.
Overnight Summerhill House or similar. (2-3* guesthouse)
Tour of Kathmandu. Visiting Swoyambhunath, Pashupatinath & Bodhnath (B)
After breakfast, visit Kathmandu city with its stone paved lanes, colourful bazaars & the Temple of the Living Goddess – Kumari who is considered to be the incarnation of the “Virgin Goddess”; plus the Kal Bhairav Mandir.
Continue to Swoyambhunath stupa, situated west of Kathmandu. It is a 2500 years old Buddhist stupa located atop of green hillock with the eyes of Buddha painted on its pinnacle overlooking righteous behaviour of the valley inhabitants. Around the stupa are hung multi-coloured prayer flags whose every flutter releases holy prayers to heaven.
This afternoon, drive to Pashupatinath temple situated on the banks of the sacred Bagmati River. The temple of Lord Shiva, Pashupatinath, with a tiered golden roof and silver doors is famous for its superb architecture.
Proceed further to Bodhnath. It is the biggest stupa in Nepal. This Stupa, set in a pattern of a “Mandala” is encircled by houses and monasteries where Rinpoches (enlightened Buddhist monks) reside. Around the base of this strikingly enormous and simple stupa are a ring of 108 images of the Buddha and 147 insets containing prayer wheels.
Overnight at Summerhill House or similar.
Drive Kathmandu / Pokhara (200 km/5 hrs) (B)
After breakfast, drive along the scenic mountain highway to the Pokhara valley. The Pokhara valley is one of the most picturesque spots of Nepal and offers a spectacular panorama of Nepal’s central Himalayas with Annapurna I and III, Machapuchare and Manaslu dominating the skyline. On arrival in Pokhara, transfer to your hotel and the remainder of the day is at leisure.
Overnight at Hotel Lake Palace or similar. (3*deluxe room)
Sunrise view from Sarangkot (4-5 hrs).
PM: Tour of Pokhara (B)
Early in the morning drive to Sarangkot hill for sunrise view. This is the well-known viewpoint north of Pokhara from where (weather permitting)you are afforded panoramic views of the Annapurna massif, Mt. Dhaulagiri (8,156m) to the west and Mt. Manaslu (8,123m) to the east. Watch as the sun’s rays color the mountain peaks from a pale pink to burnished gold with the rising sun.
This afternoon, continue with sightseeing tour of Pokhara city and its colorful bazaars. Visit includes Bindabasini temple and Devi’s fall. Take a walk along the Phewa lakeside with its rows of restaurants, bars, bookshops and fruit stalls. After the visit, drive back to your hotel.
Overnight at Hotel Lake Palace or similar.
Drive Pokhara / Kathmandu (200 km/5 hrs). Tour of Patan (B)
After breakfast, check out of the resort and drive back to Kathmandu retracing the same highway.
Upon reaching Kathmandu visit Patan city, also known as Lalitpur or the “city of beauty”. Patan, the oldest city of the valley is the cradle of art and architecture and is well known for its intricately carved temples, narrow lanes and quaint shops. See the intricately stone-carved Krishna Mandir (temple), Patan Durbar Square and Hiranyavarna Mahavira (golden temple). After the visit, transfer to your hotel & remainder of the day is at leisure.
Overnight at Summerhill House or similar
Departure Transfer (B)
Transfer to international airport in time to connect your outbound flight.
Goodbye & Namaste!